Useful tips about how you can keep your Chief clothes as good as new!
Care label symbols
- Select the clothes by distinguishing the whites from the bright colours and the dark colours. It is better to turn them inside out and make a second selection according to the fabric type.
- Always use the appropriate detergent for the appropriate fabric (e.g. wool and silk fabrics are washed with detergent for delicate fabrics).
- If you want to wash together different kinds of fabrics, choose the appropriate temperature and washing cycle which corresponds to the most delicate garment of the wash.
- Always consult the washing instructions indicated on the care label of the garment. In case that the symbol for washing is underlined, you must choose a program for delicates.
- In case you are in doubt about the durability of the garment, you need to make sure that the fabric colour does not come off. Soak a small area at the edge of the garment and iron it by placing on top of it a small piece of fabric. If you see that the colour comes off, wash the garment separately with cold water and rinse immediately.
- Before you use bleach, check carefully the symbols on the care label of the garment. In case bleach is allowed, use it only in cold water and not for a long time.
- When washing colour garments, prefer to use a colour catcher.
- In order to protect the colours, prefer to dry the coloured garments by hanging them inside out.
- Make sure that the hung garments are not directly exposed to sunlight in order to protect the colours and avoid yellowing.
- Prefer not to hang next to each other the whites with the coloured garments, in order to avoid contact between them while drying, which may cause colour transfer from the coloured ones to the whites.
- Follow the instructions indicated on the care labels and distinguish the garments according to their labels.
- Begin ironing the garments which require the lowest heat and then move on to the ones which require higher heat. By changing the heat from higher to lower, please allow a few minutes for the iron to cool before continuing.
- Do not place the ironed garments in the closet directly after ironing. It is advised to let them for about half an hour to dry from the humidity that ironing leaves behind.